Report Child Abuse

*** CALL 911 ***

When to Report:

You do not need to have proof that abuse is occurring to make a report, only reasonable suspicion. Reasonable suspicion means that you have witnessed physical or behavioral signs of maltreatment, either in the child or parent/caregiver, or both. Or, you have received a disclosure from a child about abuse, neglect, or boundary violations towards them.

Learn more about reporting child abuse
Learn more about reporting as a mandated reporter

Who to Report to:

If an adult responsible for a child such as a parent or a guardian is suspected of sexually abusing a child, contact your local child protection services. Call the National Childhelp Child Abuse Hotline (1-800) 422-4453 or RAINN's National Sexual Assault Hotline 800.656.HOPE (4673) for guidance and to be directed to the proper service in your area.

If an adult who is not in a caregiving position with a child is suspected of sexual abuse, the local police should be notified.

Concerns about child pornography can be reported to either the local police or anonymously to cybercrime tiplines like NCMEC  1-800-THE-LOST / CyberTipline or the Internet Watch Foundation
Learn more about organizations you can get advice from, or report to below.

---------- Organizations Here to Help You Report ----------

The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline
(1-800) 4-A-Child or (1-800) 422-4453

The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse. Serving the U.S. and Canada, the hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with professional crisis counselors who—through interpreters—provide assistance in over 170 languages. The hotline offers crisis intervention, information, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources. All calls are confidential.

Report Child Sexual Exploitation
1-800-THE-LOST // CyberTipline

NCMEC’s (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children) CyberTipline is the nation’s centralized reporting system for the online exploitation of children:

• Enticement of children for sexual acts
• Extra-familial child sexual molestation
• Child pornography
• Child sex tourism
• Child sex trafficking
• Unsolicited obscene materials sent to a child
• Misleading domain names
• Misleading words or digital images on the internet

The NCMEC staff reviews each tip and works to pinpoint a location of the incident reported in order to send it to the appropriate law enforcement agency for investigation. 

Additional ways to help through the NCMEC:

Report Child Sexual Abuse Content 

To value and protect the innocence of children is to value and protect society itself. The IWF works internationally to make the internet safer by removing images of child sexual abuse.

Report Child Sex Trafficking
1-888-373-7888 // Chat

Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery. This crime occurs when a trafficker uses force, fraud or coercion to control another person for the purpose of engaging in commercial sex acts or soliciting labor or services against his/her will. 

If you believe you may have information about a trafficking situation:

  • Call toll-free at 1-888-373-7888
  • Text 233733 (Text "HELP" or "INFO") 
  • Chat with the National Human Trafficking Hotline 
  • Submit a tip online through the anonymous online reporting form