A collection of resources & tools to help guide your conversations with kids.
---------- Digital Child ID Kit ----------
Through NCMEC’s Safety Central App, users can access a digital Child ID kit, stay up-to-date on NCMEC’s latest safety information, and help search for missing children. At its core, Safety Central is a digital Child ID kit that allows parents to keep critical information about their child, such as digital fingerprints and updated photos, stored and available right at their fingertips.
Download for iPhone
Download on Google Play
Download printable Child ID kit here.
Learn more about NCMEC's safety education for kids.
---------- Books ----------
Written in consultation with child protection experts, adult survivors of child abuse and
countless parents. It is designed to enable parents and educators to empower young children with the critical information that they need to know, whilst still protecting their innocence.
In simple, reassuring language, the author explains that a child's body is his or her own;
that it is all right for kids to decline a friendly hug or kiss, even from someone they love; and that you can still be friends even if you don't want a hug now.
Educate2Empower Publishing is an international award winning niché children's book publisher who specializes in children's books on BODY SAFETY, CONSENT, GENDER EQUALITY, RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS, and SOCIAL and EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE. Our books combine beautiful illustrations with key educational concepts capturing both the child's imagination as well as teaching them messages crucial to their development and safety. Educate2Empower Publishing also provides free resources for parents, caregivers and educators on these important topics.
---------- Talking to Your Kids ----------
It is often uncomfortable to talk about children and their own sexual behaviors but early involvement and intervention in children’s sexuality and sexual behaviors is crucial. Children’s sexual behaviors are most often very different than adult’s sexual behaviors. Learn how to respond to children’s sexual behaviors so that every child is protected, supported and cared for.
D2L.org has tips, prevention planning, and advice:
- Children’s Healthy Sexuality Development
- Warning Signs in Children’s Behavior
- Children’s Sexually Harmful or Abusive Behaviors
- Keys to Prevention
- Learn The Facts About Child Sexual Abuse
- Learn About Healthy Sexual Development And Behaviors
- Safety Planning
- Speaking Up
From The Mama Bear Effect:
- Coloring Sheets & Tips for Talking to Your Kids
- Rock the Talk: Child Sexual Abuse is an Epidemic that Can Only Be Solved With Awareness, Education, and Action.
- Talking to your kids about sexual assault
- If your child may be harming another child
- Have a Family Warning Word
- Talking to Children and Teens
---------- Internet Safety ----------
- Internet safety: Enough.org
- Google’s kid-safe internet search: kiddle.co
- Internet pornography awareness: fightthenewdrug.org
- Dangerous Apps for kids: educateempowerkids.org/dangerous-apps-2018-2
- Parental control services: netnanny.com
- Sextortion awareness: stopsextortion.com
- From NSPCC: Internet Safety books & resources by age
---------- Free Printables ----------
Designed Out Of Love Activity Sheets (PDF)
- DIY Pinwheel Printable
- Activity & Coloring Set including:
- Safety Conversation Start Activity
- My Safety Network Activity Sheet
- Internet Safety Coloring Page
- 3 Pinwheel Coloring Pages
- My Body Safety Rules Poster: PDF | JPG
- My Early Warning Signs Poster: PDF | JPG
- No Means No Coloring Sheet
- Understanding Feelings Activity: PDF | JPG
- Child Safety Network Poster
- Create Your Own Safety Network Poster
- Safety Network Activity Page
- "Surprise" coloring sheet